Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Un-suck

   I can't take credit for the title. I flagrantly stole it from Anthony Bourdain. It don't recall his location in the episode when he said that, but I do know mine - Miami, and more specifically, the Doral resort.
   The room is the size of my apartment. The pool area is labrynithine, and the body wash in the enormous shower is an intoxicating blend of orange and ginger.
   It smells like flowering trees and ocean breeze outside. I smell like coconut suntan lotion and contentment.
   I found out yesterday that Florence and the Machine will be opening for U2 tonight, which is a total bonus.
Last night, I IM'd with the dear Nadia for a bit whose Wednesday at work at an internet company in Siberia was in a serious day of suck.
   She IM'd looking for a bit of reassurance and comfort during a rough day, and I think I helped with that, but I did feel a little guilty enjoying myself. I was assured, however, that my guilt was unnecessary.
   That's certainly accurate, of course, but for someone as inherinently empathetic as I am, a proverbial grain of salt must be added to a good time when one of my friends is having a tough time.
   While I am writing this, there are people in the world having a rough time. And there are other people having an amazing time. And there are many others simply having an okay time. We all, I suppose, live on a large sliding scale of experience and I should not feel guilty about my enjoyment today.
   Today completely un-sucks... and that's okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment